what kind of fucking asshole does that how the fuck do you change the password on SOMOENE ELSE’S PERSONAL DEVICE and then give them a math problem beyond their skill level to solve (i mean honestly a lot of 6th graders dont know PEMDAS) like this teacher is trash fuck this
i am retaking algebra 1 b/c i literally cannot think in algebra. i took prealg twice. this would make me cry.
what an awful teacher.
That’s not even algebra, where are the variables?, that’s the math I was already supposed to know by sixth grade. If you know the four basic operations you can easily solve this. If you pass to seventh grade without knowing this I am seriously concerned for humanity, and if you are enraged for the teacher’s clever solution, there is something really wrong with your spoiled little lives.
BAWWW I AM MATHEMATICALLY CHALLENGED ITS A REAL DIAGNOSIS THEREFORE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE MY IPAD DURING MATH CLASS
people like you are the reason we’re called “the entitlement generation.”
lol I like how they were conveniently ignoring the fact that said sixth grader broke school rules
Right? Like, it’s not like this teacher dug through some kid’s backpack and stole their Ipad. This kid had out their Ipad in class when they weren’t supposed to. The teacher had every right to take it away and not give it back unless the parents came and picked it up.
Dude, come on. She didn’t even say you couldn’t use a calculator. This isn’t algebra, this is arithmetic.
(Not saying it wasn’t kind of a dick move, because changing the passwords on someone else’s device without their permission is a huge dick move, it is often the stuff malware is made of, but this could have been so stupendously much worse.)
1) That is not goddamn algebra.
2) Oh come on they totally teach BODMAS in sixth grade. And if they don’t, I wonder how the hell they’re going to cope in high school.
3) The kid was breaking classroom rules by using an iPad and the teacher could well have confiscated it for the rest of the month or something - this way, they actually gave them the opportunity to solve it on the same day.
4) That is not goddamn algebra.
5) The kid can ask their parents if it’s too hard. Or, you know, use a calculator.
6) GIVEN THAT THE TEACHER WROTE IT, I DOUBT THAT THEY WOULD DO SOMETHING THAT HADN’T EVEN BEEN TAUGHT YET, IT’D MOST LIKELY BE CHALLENGING BUT DOABLE BECAUSE THEY KNOW PRECISELY WHAT THEIR OWN GODDAMN STUDENTS ARE CAPABLE OF.
7) I know Tumblr has an anti-intellectual streak but that is not fucking algebra.
These comments are ridiculous. The teacher has every right to take away a device which is causing a disruption, and to make it even better is against school rules. It is most likely the teacher warned the student multiple times and when his/her insolence continued the teacher acted and confiscated the electronic. Giving back the device was very kind of the teacher, and changing the pass code in a mathematical way was very clever, as well as acted as a lesson to the student that his/her behavior would not be tolerated.
Also, we don’t know the history between this child and teacher. This might not be the first time an electronic device had been confiscated from the student. All we know is a cute and clever way of teaching a student who broke the rules was shown to the internet and people flipped their shit.